I adore sweet potatoes. They are wonderful simply baked, mashed up in a casserole, or, as in this recipe, roasted with lots of other yummy goodies.
It seems that many people only eat these wonderful gems during the holidays. I can’t figure this out. Yes, they always are on my holiday table, but I eat them year round.
They are loaded with tons of vitamins, minerals and fiber. They’re even low on the glycemic index! Most importantly to me, they are super delicious and don’t taste the least bit healthy!!!
Roasted Maple Cranberry Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed - 2 Pounds
- Butter, Melted - 1/4 Cup
- Maple Syrup - 1/4 Cup
- Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed - 1/4 Cup
- Dried Cranberries - 1/4 Cup
- Pecans, Coarsely Chopped - 1/2 Cup
- Dried Ground Cinnamon - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour ingredients out onto a large rimmed baking sheet so that they fit in a single layer.
- Roast sweet potatoes to desired softness, about 15-25 minutes, depending on preference. Enjoy!!!