These peanut butter blossoms are the stuff that makes life grand (imho). They’re on my top 5 favorite list of cookies. These are always a must for Christmas time! If you haven’t tried them yet, do yourself a favor and whip up a batch!
- Hersey's Kiss Candies - 48
- Butter Flavored Shortening - 1/2 Cup
- Creamy Peanut Butter - 3/4 Cup
- Sugar - 1/3 Cup
- Light Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed - 1/3 Cup
- Egg, Large - 1
- Whole Milk - 2 Tablespoons
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 Cups
- Baking Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Extra Sugar For Rolling Cookies In
- Remove wrappers from chocolate kisses; place in freezer overnight.(I forgot to freeze them and they came out just fine!)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 48 balls (about 1-inch each). Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 3 to 4 minutes. Press frozen peanut butter filled chocolate piece into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove cookies from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. 48 cookies.
[donotprint]Source: Hershey [/donotprint]