These peanut butter blossoms are the stuff that makes life grand (imho). They’re on my top 5 favorite list of cookies. These are always a must for Christmas time! If you haven’t tried them yet, do yourself a favor and whip up a batch!
- 48 - Hersey's Kiss Candies
- 1/2 Cup - Butter Flavored Shortening
- 3/4 Cup - Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup - Sugar
- 1/3 Cup - Light Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed
- 1 - Egg, Large
- 2 Tablespoons - Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Salt
- - Extra Sugar For Rolling Cookies In
- Remove wrappers from chocolate kisses; place in freezer overnight.(I forgot to freeze them and they came out just fine!)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 48 balls (about 1-inch each). Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 3 to 4 minutes. Press frozen peanut butter filled chocolate piece into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove cookies from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. 48 cookies.