How many times have you read a blog post that claims to have the recipe for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I’ve read tons. I don’t know if there is actually oneperfect recipe. What I do know is, as of right now, these are my most favorite chocolate chip cookies in the whole world. They’re thick, soft, and wonderfully chewy and have lots of chocolate chips. That’s what I want most in my chocolate chip cookie.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature - 2/3 Cup
- Butter Flavored Shortening - 2/3 Cup
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Light Brown Sugar, Packed - 1 Cup
- Eggs, Large - 2
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Tablespoon
- All Purpose Flour - 3 1/2 Cups
- Baking Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips - 2 Cups
- Pecans, Chopped-Optional - 1 Cup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir the pecans and chocolate chips. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the centers are set. Don't overbake. Cool 5 minutes before removing cookies to cooling rack.