My daughter loves cookies more than anyone I know. We affectionately call her our little cookie monster! These cookies are her absolute favorites. They are big, soft and perfectly chewy. They are also super easy to make and ship well. The technique of baking them in a thick disk is important because it contributes to them staying chewy. If you prefer a crispier cookie then just drop them by the rounded teaspoon. Enjoy!
- 2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1 Cup - Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 Cup - Butter Flavored
- 2 - Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups - Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 Cup - Walnuts, Chopped
- 1 Cup - Flaked Sweetened
- - Extra Sugar To Roll Cookies In
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix with a whisk until ingredients are well blended and there are no lumps.
3. To flour mixture add brown sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer.
4. To the bowl add oats, walnuts, and coconut. With an electric mixer mix well. Make sure you get to the bottom of mixing bowl-this is a very thick dough.
5. Using a large cookie scoop, measure out a level scoop cup of dough. Pop dough out of scoop and roll into a ball, then roll ball in sugar to coat. Place on a silpat lined cookie sheet. Flatten cookies just slightly with your fingers. Bake in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes.