Today I wanted to share a wonderful cookie recipe that is perfect for your holiday baking. I absolutely adore this little gem! I had a similar Pecan Butter cookie at a restaurant once and have been searching for a recipe that duplicated its deliciousness!
After trying a bazillion recipes, over many years, I have finally found one that is every bit as delicious, if not even more delicious, than the original! It’s super rich, buttery and virtually melts in your mouth. When I say buttery, I mean off the charts, deliciously buttery!
Now that I found this baby, you can bet I will be making it often!
Source: Taste of Home
Super Buttery Butter Pecan Cookies
- Pecans, chopped - 1 3/4 Cups
- Butter - 1 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon
- Brown Sugar, packed - 1 Cup
- Egg, separated - 1
- Vanilla - 1 Teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour - 2 Cups
- Baking Powder - 3 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Pecan Halves - 1 Cup
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Place chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon butter on a rimmed cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until toasted and browned. Set aside and cool.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in toasted pecans, pressing nuts into dough. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Beat egg white until foamy. Dip the bottom of pecan halves in egg white, then gently press one into each ball. (If you get the foamy egg white on the top of the pecan it with remain after baking and not be attractive)
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.