I love me this salad!!! This is the kind of everyday eating that makes me happy. Do you know what I mean? This salad makes the perfect lunch, dinner side or it can even be used as a dip for chips. How’s that for versatile?
This is super, super easy to put together. Just make sure you rinse the beans well to get off all the extra starch. It also helps to make the look of the finished dip not murky. Use nice ripe mangos. I often like to use Honey mangos because they’re so readily available and wonderfully sweet.
- 1 15.8 ounce can, drained and rinsed Black Beans
- 2, diced Mangos
- 1 cup, diced Sweet red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup, finely chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 cup, chopped Cilantro Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- Zest of one Lime
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a medium bowl gently mix all ingredients. Refrigerate for 4 hours or longer to allow flavors to mingle. Check salt and pepper and adjust to taste.