I love me this salad!!! This is the kind of everyday eating that makes me happy. Do you know what I mean? This salad makes the perfect lunch, dinner side or it can even be used as a dip for chips. How’s that for versatile?
This is super, super easy to put together. Just make sure you rinse the beans well to get off all the extra starch. It also helps to make the look of the finished dip not murky. Use nice ripe mangos. I often like to use Honey mangos because they’re so readily available and wonderfully sweet.
Mango Black Bean Salad
- Black Beans - 1 15.8 ounce can, drained and rinsed
- Mangos - 2, diced
- Sweet red Bell Pepper - 1 cup, diced
- Red Onion - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Cilantro Leaves - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Fresh Lime Juice - 1 tablespoon
- Zest of one Lime
- Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Honey - 2 tablespoon
- Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced - 1
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- In a medium bowl gently mix all ingredients. Refrigerate for 4 hours or longer to allow flavors to mingle. Check salt and pepper and adjust to taste.