This is a glorious salad. It’s so lovely it’s almost….almost…..to pretty to eat. One bite in and you forget all about it being pretty! Then it’s all about it’s yummiliciousness!! (oh ya that’s a word)
Notes from my salad bowl:
I only used 1 bag of spring greens and only a portion of the dressing to serve 6 people. To that I added a basket of raspberries, 2 white nectarines, 6 ounces of goat cheese and 1/2 cup pistachios.
Source- As seen on The Curvy Carrot slightly adapted from Fine Cooking
More Recipes Like This!
Tortellini Salad – A tour of Mediterranean, infused with bold zesty, creamy, and tangy flavors!
Pea Salad – Little green gems lend beautiful color and texture to this delicious creamy salad.
7 Layer Salad – Beautiful fresh salad, loaded with texture and layer of flavor!
For the vinaigrette
- 1 small minced Shallot
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 2 tablespoon divided Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 6 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- to taste Salt and Pepper
For the salad
- 1/2 pound Salad Greens your choice
- 2/3 cups Fresh Raspberries
- 2 sliced Nectarines
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese Crumbled
- 1/2 cup Pistachio
- Fresh Raspberries and Orange Slices
- For the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, combine the shallot with the raspberry vinegar, orange zest, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the orange juice, honey and a pinch of salt.
- Gradually whisk the olive oil into the vinegar mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In another small bowl, place the sliced nectarines into the remaining orange juice and set aside for a few minutes.
- For the salad: Just before serving, toss the salad greens lightly with the vinaigrette. Add the nectarine slices, raspberries, pistachios and a sprinkle of goat cheese.