This is a glorious salad. It’s so lovely it’s almost….almost…..to pretty to eat. One bite in and you forget all about it being pretty! Then it’s all about it’s yummiliciousness!! (oh ya that’s a word)
Notes from my salad bowl:
I only used 1 bag of spring greens and only a portion of the dressing to serve 6 people. To that I added a basket of raspberries, 2 white nectarines, 6 ounces of goat cheese and 1/2 cup pistachios.
Source- As seen on The Curvy Carrot slightly adapted from Fine Cooking
Nectarine Summer Salad
- For the vinaigrette
- Shallot - 1 small, minced
- Raspberry Vinegar - 3 tablespoons
- Orange Zest - 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Orange Juice - 2 tablespoon (divided)
- Honey - 1 teaspoon
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil - 6 tablespoons
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- For the salad
- Salad Greens, your choice - 1/2 pound
- Fresh Raspberries - 2/3 cups
- Nectarines - 2 sliced
- Goat Cheese, Crumbled - 1/4 cup
- Pistachio - 1/2 cup
- Fresh Raspberries and Orange Slices
- For the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, combine the shallot with the raspberry vinegar, orange zest, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the orange juice, honey and a pinch of salt.
- Gradually whisk the olive oil into the vinegar mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In another small bowl, place the sliced nectarines into the remaining orange juice and set aside for a few minutes.
- For the salad: Just before serving, toss the salad greens lightly with the vinaigrette. Add the nectarine slices, raspberries, pistachios and a sprinkle of goat cheese.