These simple, little Shrimp Salad Toasts have been a favorite of mine for years. I love this type of old fashioned little appetizer. The recipe comes from my dear friends Craig and Kelley. They serve them at family barbecues and everyone would fight over who would get the last one!
If you are pinched for time you can serve the Shrimp Salad in a bowl and serve the crostini’s on the side.
Shrimp Salad Toasts
- Bay Shrimp - 1 1/2 pounds, rinsed well and patted dry
- Mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- Dried Dill - 2 teaspoons
- Garlic Powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Onion Powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Lemon Juice - from 1/2 a lemon
- Crostini - made from about 1 fresh baguette
- Mix all ingredients except crostini in a mixing bowl. Let sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to allow flavors to marry (okay...this seldom happens cuz as soon as it's mixed we're devouring it!)
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of salad on crostini.