This Hummingbird Bundt Cake has become a new favorite of mine. It’s a wonderful cake flavored with bananas, pineapple, coconut and cinnamon then topped with a cream cheese glaze. It’s deeeelicious.
This recipe is like a cross between Hummingbird cake and a banana bread. The standard layer cake version is not as dense, is a bit sweeter and there’s more frosting to cake ratio because of the layers. This one is a more casual, friendly, yes, I want a piece of that even for breakfast, kinda cake!!!!
More Cakes Like This!
Kentucky Butter Cake -Tender, moist and deliciously unique, soaked with a wonderful Butter Sauce and topped with an amazing Butter Glaze
Lemon Pound Cake – Moist and tender with the perfect lemon flavor!
Coconut Buttermilk Cake – Tender cake balanced with sweetness and a subtle tang!
Source: Adapted From Southern Living
Hummingbird Bundt Cake
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Large Eggs Beaten
- 1 3/4 Cups Very Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1 Cup Coconut Shredded
- 8 Ounces Can Crushed Pineapple-Do NOT Drain
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Pecans Chopped
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature, Cubed
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Tablespoon Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet until toasted and fragrant about 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a large bowl stir together flour and the next 4 ingredients; add in eggs and the next 6 ingredients. Add 1 cup of the chopped pecans and stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until wooded pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes the remove from pan and cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with a hand held mixer. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time to get desired consistency. Pour glaze over cooled cake. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans on cake and serve.