This Hummingbird Bundt Cake has become a new favorite of mine. It’s a wonderful cake flavored with bananas, pineapple, coconut and cinnamon then topped with a cream cheese glaze. It’s deeeelicious.
This recipe is like a cross between Hummingbird cake and a banana bread. The standard layer cake version is not as dense, is a bit sweeter and there’s more frosting to cake ratio because of the layers. This one is a more casual, friendly, yes, I want a piece of that even for breakfast, kinda cake!!!!
Source: Adapted From Southern Living
Hummingbird Bundt Cake
- All Purpose Flour - 3 Cups
- Sugar - 2 Cups
- Baking Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Dried Ground Cinnamon - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Large Eggs, Beaten - 3
- Very Ripe Bananas, Mashed - 1 3/4 Cups
- Coconut, Shredded - 1 Cup
- Can Crushed Pineapple-Do NOT Drain - 8 Ounces
- Vegetable Oil - 3/4 Cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Pecans, Chopped - 1 1/2 Cups
- Cream Cheese, at Room Temperature, Cubed - 4 Ounces
- Powdered Sugar - 2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Whole Milk - 1-2 Tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet until toasted and fragrant about 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a large bowl stir together flour and the next 4 ingredients; add in eggs and the next 6 ingredients. Add 1 cup of the chopped pecans and stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until wooded pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes the remove from pan and cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with a hand held mixer. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time to get desired consistency. Pour glaze over cooled cake. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans on cake and serve.