Here’s a delicious pasta sure to become a new family hit at your house!
It has a secret ingredient in it that ensures success.
Who wouldn’t like pasta and tacos combined?
Add the secret ingredient and it’s dinner time magic!!!
After trying this recipe, it immediately became one of our family’s most requested meals.
Everyone loves it!
It’s so easy and relatively quick to make and get on the table.
I like making the recipe with small shell pasta because the sauce coats the noodles just right and it’s easy for little ones to get on their spoons!
Source: adapted from Fake Ginger
- Ground Beef - 1 Pound
- Dried Medium Shell Pasta - 16 Ounces
- Yellow Onion, Chopped - 1 Cup
- Garlic Cloves, Minced - 3 Large
- Canned, Petite Diced Tomatoes, Including Juice - 1 (14 Ounce)
- Canned, Mild Diced Green Chilies - 1 (7 Ounce)
- Taco Seasonig - 1 Packet
- Cream Cheese - 4 Ounces
- Sour Cream - 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Cilantro, Chopped - 1/2 Cup
- Salt - To Taste
- Black Pepper - To Taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or sauté pan, cook the ground meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink. A few minutes before the meat is cooked through, add the chopped onion to the skillet. Once the meat is cooked through, mix in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
3.Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and reserved pasta water, and continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit if it is still too thin.
4.Toss in the cilantro right before serving for some fresh color and flavor.