These innocent looking little cake bars are absolutely irresistible As soon as the weather cools, and we say good bye to summer, this is first recipe I make. If for some reason I’m slow to get to baking, my kids vehemently complain. These pumpkin bars are their favorite, and have been, since the very first time I made them probably ten years ago!
These are incredibly moist and wonderfully spiced. The thick cream cheese frosting is the prefect finish on them.
Luscious Lemon Bars -Simply made and infused with fresh lemon juice and lemon zest is an absolute must try!
Strawberry Cream Bars -Deliciously rich brown sugar crust and crumb topping plus a sweet creamy filling topped with a lovely strawberry layer!
Blackberry Pie Bars – Buttery shortbread crust, a creamy custard like filling, chock-full of delicious blackberries and a shortbread crumble topping!
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Ground Cloves
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 15 Ounce Can Solid Packed Pumpkin
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pound Powdered Sugar
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs,oil, sugar and pumpkin. Gradually add the dry ingredients to egg mixture and blend well.
- 4. Pour the batter into an ungreased jelly roll pan (17x12x1) and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- 5. Meanwhile, prepare frosting by beating together all frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.