- Fresh Tomatillos, Washed and Husks Removed - 3 Pounds
- Garlic Cloves, Chopped - 3
- Extra Large Chicken Bouillon Cube - 1
- Water - 3 Cups
- Large Yellow Onion - 1
- Poblano Peppers, Seeded and Chopped - 3
- Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Package Frozen Corn - 16 Ounce
- Dried Chili Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Dried Ground Cumin - 2 Teaspoon
- Fully Cooked Rotisserie Chicken, Shredded - 1
- Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed - 1 (15 Ounce)
- Can Navy Beans, Drained and Rinsed - 1 (15 Ounce)
- Can Small Kidney Beans, Drained and Rinsed - 1 (15 Ounce)
- Chicken Broth, Divided - 2-4 Cups
- Crushed Tortilla Chips, Fairly Finely Crushed - 1 Cup
- Fresh Cilantro, Chopped - 1 Cup
- Fresh Lime Juice - 3 Tablespoons
- Salt - To Taste
- Black Pepper - To Taste
Bring the first 3 ingredient and 3 cups of water to a boil in a 3 quart saucepan. Boil 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, saute onion and peppers in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes. Add corn and and continue to saute 2 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin; saute another 4 minutes.
Remove tomatillo mixture from heat and cool 5 minutes. Process mixture with a stick blender until smooth.
Add chicken, beans, tomatillo mixture and 2 cups of chicken broth to Dutch oven. Cook, stirring occassionally, 15 minutes. Stir in cruched tortilla chips, cilanto and lime juice. Add extra chicken broth to achieve desired thickness and heat through. Check seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper.