I love everything about this recipe. The flavor of the pork, rub, and sauce together are wonderful. I make the rub and put it on the pork in the morning, then, dinner’s a snap. The pork cooks quickly and the pan sauce is simple to throw together while the pork rests.
Check out these Sides!
Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Feta – Tender asparagus infused with garlic and perfectly coated with feta!
Easy Scalloped Cheesy Potatoes– Oeey Gooey deliciousness melted throughout the soft potatoes!
Brown Sugar Carrots– Sweet and soft perfect veggie side!
Spice Rubbed Pork with Blackberry Port Pan Sauce
- 2 Pork Tenderloins
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Shallots Finely Minced
- 1/2 Cup Port
- 1/2 Cup Blackberry Jam
- 1. Make the rub by mixing all ingredients until well combined. Apply to pork and refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3. In a large ovenproof pan, add vegetable oil. Brown tenderloins on high to medium-high heat on both sides. Place pan uncovered in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of pork reaches 155-160 degrees.
- 4. Remove tenderloins to a platter and loosely cover with aluminum foil. allow to rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, add shallots to the pan the pork was cooked in, adding more olive oil if necessary, and saute until shallots are soft. Add port and jam to pan and heat through.
- 5. After pork has rested, slice pork as desired and pour pan sauce over pork and serve.