This is my new favorite summer appetizer!
It’s soooo fresh and delicious and unlike so many other appetizers I love to eat, it’s actually good for you!
There’s a layer of homemade or store bought Hummus then a yummy finely chopped Greek Salad.
It’s great served with any type of cracker but I like it best with baked pita chips or soft pita cut into triangles.
My family absolutely devours this.
I made it last week when we had friends over then the fam requested I make it again just for them to snack on!
One of the keys to making this dip is to cut the tomatoes and cucumbers fairly finely.
Then the salad mix is easier to scoop up on a pita chip and you don’t just get a chunk of cucumber or tomato but rather a mix of everything.
I made this dip with a homemade Hummus.
I love this Hummus because it’s a bit more lemony.
You can make this with store bought Hummus and probably not even notice a difference.
I personally like Sabra brand but there are lots of other great ones out there.
I’d use about 1 3/4 to 2 cups for the Hummus layer.
I like this made with fresh dill because it adds so much great fresh flavor.
May sound crazy but even though I use fresh dill I use dried oregano.
For some reason, fresh oregano tastes bitter to me so I don’t use it very often.
Next time you need an appetizer I hope you give this one a try!
- Hummus Layer:
- 1-15 Ounce Can Garbanzo Beans, Liquid Reserved
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Veggie Layer
- 2 Cups Tomatoes, Finely Chopped
- 2 Cups English Cucumber, Finely Chopped
- 3 Green Onions, Finely Sliced
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill, Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 Ounces Feta Cheese, Crumbled
1. Make Hummus: Drain Garbanzo beans reserving the liquid from the can to a small bowl. Add all Hummus ingredients to a food Processor and process until fairly smooth. Add back 1-2 Tablespoons of reserved liquid from Garbanzo beans and process until creamy. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, gently fold all veggie layer ingredients together just until mixed. Taste and adjust seasoning.
3. On a serving plate spread Hummus out in an even layer. Spoon veggie mixture on top and serve with pita chips, cut pita bread or crackers.