Crisp and crunchy wonton cups filled with a yummy curried shrimp salad then topped with a sweet dollop of chutney and a sprinkle of toasted coconut.
All in one easy to handle neat bite!
This is what I call a party perfect little appetizer.
No spoons or forks needed.
These are so delicious I could actually make a meal of them.
If you can find little ready-made pastry shells in grocery store freezer section, by all means feel free to use those instead.
They will obviously cut down your prep time a bit.
For some reason, it seems that they are seasonal at my grocery store (which I find totally annoying and strange!).
The little wonton cups are really easy to make if you can’t find the ready-made shells.
I used the little precooked salad shrimp in this recipe.
I love the sweet flavor and delicious tenderness of them.
If you prefer another type of shrimp, feel free to substitute whichever you like and just chop it up into small chunks.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms -Delicious delicate crab, perfectly accompanied with a creamy cheesy filling!
Cheesy French Pinwheel–elegant, golden delicious, cheesy pinwheels just may be one of the easiest appetizers to whip up!
Curried Shrimp in Crispy Wonton Cups
- Wonton Cups:
- Cooking Spray
- Wonton Wrappers - 18-22
- Vegetable Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Black Pepper
- Shrimp Mixture:
- Cooked Salad Shrimp - 8 Ounces
- Cream Cheese, Softened - 4 Ounces
- Green Onions, Finely Chopped - 1/3 Cup
- Fresh Lime Juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Lime Zest - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry Powder - 3/4 Teapoon
- Coriander Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Major Grey Chutney - 2-3 Tablespoons
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut, Toasted - 1/2 Cup
- Chives, Chopped - 1 Tablespoon
Make the Wonton Cups:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a mini-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Brush a wonton wrapper with a thin coat of vegetable oil then gently press it into a cup in the prepared mini muffin tin, pleating it as needed to get it to fit. When all the cups are filled, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes or until wonton cups are browned and bottoms are cooked. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Make The Shrimp Mixture:
1. Stir together all the shrimp mixture ingredients until evenly combined.
1. Spoon shrimp mixture into completely cooled wonton cups. Top with 1/2 teaspoon chutney and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Top with chives.