Imagine, summer sweet, ripe peaches, roasted to perfection and topped with a yummy brown sugar, oatmeal and pecan crumb topping.
I mean, come on, how delicious does that sound?
They’re like a perfect single portion of peach crisp in a fun and naturally creative presentation.
These, however, have a simple cleverness to them that just tickles me for some reason!
Ever since I made my favorite Peach Crisp, which I LOVE like crazy, I’ve been craving more.
This little single serving of peachy yum was a fun and delicious alternative to my original fav!
If you want to check out my favorite peach crisp here’s the recipe —> PEACH CRISP
These are wonderful on their own or served warm out of the oven with a generous scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream.
I have to confess, I had the one, lone left over reheated for breakfast the day after I made them and I smiled the rest of the day in utter delight!
The original recipe calls for the peaches to be peeled. I chose to keep them on for the nutritional value they add.
I don’t think the peels detracted in any way from the final product, so hey, why bother with the extra step!
Oh, and here’s a simple tip you may find helpful: When you add the topping to the peaches, I find it’s most easily done by holding the peach half in one of your hands, over the bowl of crumble and compacting it down with an inverted large spoon covering the top of the peach applying gentle pressure. (Yikes-writing that out makes it sound a lot more complicated than it really is!)
This allows you to catch and not lose any of the amazing crumble topping that falls off the side of the peach half and also allows you to get the proper amount of pressure when you compress the topping to the peach top.
Source: Fresh Every Day by Sara Foster
- Yield : Serves 6
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 Stick) Unsalted Butter, Plus More for Greasing the Skillet
- 3 Ripe Peaches, Cut in Half, Pit Removed, Peeled Optional
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Pecans, Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and adjust an oven rack to the center of the oven. Butter a 6 inch cast iron skillet or other baking dish.
2. In a medium, wide diameter bowl, add 4 tablespoons butter, flour, sugar, oats, pecans, cinnamon and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, blend together ingredients until the butter is the size of peas and the mixture is crumbly. Mound the mixture evenly on the peach halves and press it down to compact it so it stays in place.
3. Arrange peaches in buttered baking dish and roast in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the peaches are softened to your liking and the topping is golden and bubbling just around the edges. Allow to rest about 5 minutes before serving.