Not only is it easy enough for me to make and get on the table during the week night, it’s so crazy delicious that I literally crave it.
We’ve been having it on a weekly basis for some time now.
In my family, that really says it all!
Not only is this a meal I love, the whole family wants it as often as I do………….can you say MIRACLE ????
Last week, I went up to visit my youngest sister and her family.
We like to take turns cooking at least when we’re together so she can taste what is currently going on in my family’s dinner rotation and I get to try the things they’re liking in theirs.
It’s kind of a fun way for us to exchange and try new recipes.
This was the first thing I made on my latest visit.
All I can say is I’ve converted another family to my sweet and sour meatball obsession! LOL 😉
This recipe makes a really sweet sauce.
I don’t say that in a bad way, I LOVE it that way.
If you’d like a less sweet sauce you can reduce the brown sugar.
I’ve made a less sweet version with 1/2 cup brown sugar that my husband actually preferred but I though it just made the dish sort of average.
For me it lost its pizazz.
I like this served over white or brown cooked rice.
More Meatball Recipes!
BBQ Meatballs -Tender, delicious meatballs smothered in a delicious, sweet homemade BBQ sauce!
Sicilian Meatballs– Infused with a combination of flavors to taste Italian and a bit Middle Eastern all at the same time!
Teriyaki Meatballs -Moist, tender, juicy, flavorful meatballs in a super easy, sweet, homemade teriyaki sauce!
- Yield: Serves 6
Easy Baked Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Soft Fresh Bread Crumbs - 2 Cups
- Milk - 1 Cup
- Ground Beef - 2 Pounds
- Large Egg - 1
- Salt - 1 1/2 Teaspooons
- Pepper - 3/4 Teaspoon
- Ground Ginger - 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Light Brown Sugar, Packed - 2/3 Cup
- Ketchup - 1 Cup
- Water - 1 Cup
- White Vinegar - 4 Tablespoon
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Pineapple Chunks in Juice Including Juice - 1-20 Ounce Can
- Small White Onion - 1
- Medium Green Bell Pepper, Chopped - 1
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, add bread crumbs and milk and stir. Allow bread crumbs to sit until milk is absorbed. Add beef, egg, salt, pepper, ginger and garlic powder. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Form into meatballs about 2 inches in diameter and arrange in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients for the sauce until well combined. Add the can of pineapple chunks with all the juice, onion and green pepper and mix.
4. Pour sauce over meatballs and bake uncovered in preheat oven for 1 hour or until there is no longer any pink left in the meat. Serve over cooked rice.