Here’s an amazingly delicious custard and fresh peach pie.
This pie is like a sliceable version of peaches and cream.
The taste of it screams summer to me.
I’ve been making it for years and it’s always a huge family favorite.
This is one of my most requested summer recipes.
There’s a delicious layer of fresh peaches, then a layer of custard, then it’s topped with a wonderful streusel crumb and decorated with fresh peach slices.
The combination is really delicious!
I have to be honest and tell you I generally use a premade pie crust from the supermarket.
A homemade crust would make this pie even more delicious, so if you’re so inclined, use your favorite recipe for a 10 inch pie crust.
You can use a 9-1/2-Inch Pie Plate, which is what I use, or a 10 inch pie plate.
If your peaches are really juicy, dab them off with a paper towel.
You don’t want the fruit to add extra liquid to the custard.
The custard is a snap to make.
All you have to do is mix the ingredients together in a bowl and then pour them over the peaches into the crust.
The custard then sets up as the pie bakes.
This isn’t the type of custard pie that relies on you standing over the cooktop and stirring as it sets up.
Frankly, I find this pie much, much easier to prepare.
The pie bakes in two stages.
The first stage its cooked until the custard is almost done.
Then the pie is topped with the streusel and its baked until the custard is completely cooked through.
You know the pie is baked when the custard is set and the top is golden.
The pie is finished by cooling it completely, then topping it decoratively with fresh slices of ripe peaches.
More Pie Recipes!
Peanut Butter Pie – A luscious, creamy peanut butter filling nestled on top of a rich, unique peanut butter ganache, it’s peanut butter heaven!
Pumpkin Pie Lasagna -Rich, creamy, no bake dessert will become the next staple for any season!
Strawberry Pie -Easy fresh Strawberry Pie loaded with thick, delicious, Jello glaze intensifying the yummy strawberry flavor!
Peaches and Cream Pie
- 1 Pastry for a 10-11 Inch Pie Crust
- 5 Peaches Medium
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons 1/2 Stick Cold Unsalted Butter, Cut Iinto Small Pieces
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1. Peel 4 of the peaches. Slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pie crust and fit it into a 9-1/2-Inch Pie Plate
- . Decorate edge as desired.
- 3. Arrange the peach slices in overlapping concentric circles in the pie crust..
- 4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg yolks, sugar, flour and vanilla just until blended. Pour custard over peach slices in pie plate.
- 5. Bake pie 30 minutes or just until the custard begins to set. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the edge loosely with aluminium foil.
- 6. Meanwhile, make streusel topping by cutting together all the streusel ingredients in a small mixing bowl until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 7. After the initial 30 minute baking, remove the pie from the oven and evenly sprinkle the top with the streusel topping. Return the pie to the oven and bake another 15 minutes longer or until the streusel in nicely golden and a knife tip inserted into the center comes out of the pie clean.
- Cool pie completely on a wire rack before serving.