Move over Pumpkin Pie, this rich, creamy EASY to make, no bake, Pumpkin Pie Lasagna may just knock you right off the dessert table!
Fall is almost here and I cannot even tell you how excited I am! Crisp leaves and sweaters make me as happy as anything. And the advent of fall means the coming of delicious pumpkin spice.
Lattes, pies, cupcakes—you name it, fall is the season of pumpkin spice. That’s why it feels right, here at the beginning of fall, to put up my recipe for pumpkin pie lasagna.
There are so many things to love about this recipe.
The rich, creamy pumpkin filling is one, and I could eat it for days. (Seriously though, I have to force myself not to eat the whole dessert in one sitting.) It’s the perfect consistency: not too thick that it’s hard to eat, and not too thin that it’s runny. And every bite is stuffed with layers of cheesecake, whipped pudding, pumpkin spice, and crushed ginger snap.
(Can I eat this dessert for dinner? I mean, pumpkin is kind of like a vegetable, isn’t it?)
Plus, the prep time is just about as low as possible. You can whip up the whole dessert in just 15 minutes.
And it’s a no bake dish. You don’t even need to turn on the oven! For the middle of the pie, just mix the ingredients together and chill. That’s all there is to it.
Chilling: Don’t skip on the fridge time. The chilling is absolutely critical to coalesce all of the different flavors, and to firm up the whole dish into that lovely pie texture we want.
Storing: This dish freezes well. You can put it in an airtight container in the freezer for 4-5 days. Just make sure to take it out about a half hour before serving to let it thaw. This makes it easy to make a few days before a party or holiday.
Crust: For those who don’t like ginger, you can substitute vanilla wafers. Be aware that this will undermine some of the pumpkin flavor and give it a little injection of vanilla.
Topping: I generally top this with some roughly crushed Ginger Snaps because they’re delicious and I still have some left after making the crust. Cinnamon Baking Chips or Caramel Bits also make a really great topping for this wonderful creamy dessert. If you use the crushed Ginger Snaps, apply just before serving so they’ll maintain their crunch and contrast nicely with the creaminess of this dessert.
Source: Gonna Want Seconds
White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Pudding Cookies– Soft, fluffy little cookies infused with the perfect spices to scream fall!
Pumpkin Pie Bars – Perfect flavors of the season coated with a delicious layer of butterscotch crumb!
Pumpkin Pie Fudge – Perfect pumpkin flavor infused in a smooth fudge!
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Incredibly moist and perfectly spiced bar topped off with a cream cheese frosting!
- Yield: Serves 12
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
Pumpkin Pie Lasagna
- Ginger Snaps Crumbs - 2 Cups
- Butter, Melted - 1/2 Cup
- Granulated Sugar - 1/4 Cup
- Creamy Layer:
- Cream Cheese, Softened to Room Temperature - 8 Ounces
- Cold Whole Milk - 2 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar - 1/4 Cup
- Cool Whip, Thawed - 1 1/2 Cups
- Pumpkin Layer:
- Pumpkin puree - 1-15 Ounce Can
- Cold Whole Milk - 3/4 Cup
- Cold Heavy Whipping Cream - 1 Cup
- Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding - 2 (3.4 Ounce Each)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - 2 Teaspoons
- Cool Whip, Thawed - 2 Cups
- Ginger Snaps, Coarsely Crushed - 1 Cups
- Spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Make the Crust. In a mixing bowl, combine crushed Ginger Snaps, melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar until well combined. Press cookie mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 2 Tablespoons of the cold milk, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip just combined. Spread evenly over the cookie crust.
- In another medium mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, milk, heavy cream, both boxes of pudding, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and evenly combined. Spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Place in the refrigerator until pumpkin layer firms up a bit~about 40 minutes.
- Spread 2 cups Cool Whip over the top of the pumpkin layer. Refrigerate 6 hours minimum or for best results, overnight. Sprinkle the top evenly with 1 cup crushed Ginger Snaps or Cinnamon Baking Chips, or Caramel Bits. Place in the fridge for 4-6 hours before serving.