These peanut butter blossoms are the stuff that makes life grand! They’re on my top 5 favorite list of cookies. These are always a must for Christmas time! If you haven’t tried them yet, do yourself a favor and whip up a batch!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 48 Hersey's Kiss Candies
- 1/2 Cup Butter Flavored Shortening
- 3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar Lightly Packed
- 1 Egg Large
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Extra Sugar For Rolling Cookies In
- Remove wrappers from chocolate kisses; place in freezer overnight.(I forgot to freeze them and they came out just fine!)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 48 balls (about 1-inch each). Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 3 to 4 minutes. Press frozen peanut butter filled chocolate piece into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove cookies from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. 48 cookies.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.