I love chili. It’s one of those perfect meals in my opinion. Chicken Chili is a wonderful version of chili. So with the blustery weather we’ve been having I thought this would be the perfect dinner to warm the soul and chase the chill. It certainly was. Give this recipe a try soon. It’s really good. We had a little bit left over so, for lunch the next day, I rolled up a bit of the chili, with some extra beans and cheese, in a tortilla, and had a terrific chicken burrito.
Source: Adapted From Closet Cooking
White Chicken Chili
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Pepper Stemmed, Seeded and Finely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Cumin
- 1-7 Ounce Ortega Chiles Chopped
- 1-19 Ounce Cans Canned White Beans Drained
- 2 Cups Plus More as Needed Chicken Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Chicken Cooked and Shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Masa
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk or Half and Half
- 1/2 Teaspoon or More To Taste Tapatio Sauce
- Jack or Cheddar Cheese Grated
- Avocado Sliced
- Sour Cream
- Jalapeno's Sliced
- Cilantro Leaves Roughly Chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and jalapeno and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cumin, green chilies, beans, chicken stock, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.( I prepared the stew to this point and refrigerated overnight so flavors would marry.)
- Add the chicken. Mix the masa into the milk or half and half and Tapatio, then mix it into the chili and simmer for another 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.