Here’s an appetizer that is always a favorite. It’s great hot out of the oven or even at room temperature. The jalapenos have a fairly mild chili flavor when the ribs and seeds are removed. What’s not to love about a cream cheese and bacon filling? I mean seriously! Every time I’ve served these they have been a huge hit. Give them a try but be ready to give out the recipe.
Cream Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- 10 Fresh Jalapenos Sliced in Half Lengthwise, Seeded
- 10 Ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- 7-8 Slices Bacon Cooked and Chopped
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Cook the bacon until crisp then drain on a paper towel; chop bacon into very small pieces. Mix the bacon crumbles into the cream cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Cut jalapenos in half, lengthwise. Wear plastic gloves if possible and carefully remove seeds and vein with a spoon. Smear each jalapeño half with cream cheese and bacon mixture. Pour the panko crumbs onto a plate. Dip the stuffed jalapeño into the panko crumbs cream cheese side down.
- Bake on a pan with a rack for 20-25 minutes. If the panko crumbs aren't golden brown, turn the oven to broil and cook them, watching carefully so they don't burn, for a few minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
- Source: Adapted From For the Love of Cooking
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.