Have you ever noticed that different people like different chocolate experiences? Some peeps only like a specific type of chocolate such as dark or milk or semisweet. Some prefer chocolate to be combined with other ingredients like fruit or nuts and, to others, anything other that pure, plain chocolate is tantamount to a mortal sin. Oh, we human beings can be so fussy! (Me especially, LOL!) Well, here’s a cookie that is perfect for those of you ( and me too!) that want a deep, dark, intense, chocolate experience. These are Good. Really Good. I mean eat the entire very rich batch Good!
More Cookie Recipes!
Soft Batch Christmas M&M cookies – soft, fluffy, and chewy cookie the kids are sure to love!
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Perfect fresh lemony taste with chocolatey goodness!
Red Velvet Cookies – The perfect chewy and chocolatey cookie with a stunning color sure to wow anyone!
The BEST Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies. Ever. (imho)
- Nonstick Vegetable Spray
- 1 1/2 Cups Divided Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Large Egg Whites at Room Temperature
- 2 1/2 Cups Divided Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- 2. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in glass bowl in microwave, stirring twice, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 3. Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow creme.
- 4. Whisk 1 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- 5. On low speed, beat dry ingredients into meringue. Stir in lukewarm chocolate and 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dough will become very stiff).
- 6. Place 1/2 cup sugar in bowl. Roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball; roll in sugar, coating thickly. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheets on rack 10 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.