Do you like polenta? I do!!! The thing that sometimes holds me back from making it is that some recipes have you stirring it constantly like a risotto. This recipe, from Giada, has you stirring occasionally. That works for me! It makes this oh so much more doable. The flavors in this polenta are really wonderful. I love all the fresh herbs, cheese, butter…I mean “Hello YUM”. This recipe makes a very large batch so I generally cut it in half and it generously serves my family of four.
More Family Meals!
Tomato and Basil Soup – perfect for summer or winter, infused with a depth of flavors!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken- This is one of the EASIEST and most delicious chicken recipes EVER! Moist, tender cheesy baked chicken every time.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken -Zesty chicken is tender, moist and juicy and loaded with yummy fresh flavors!
Adapted from Giada’s Family Dinners
Herbed Cheese Polenta
- 10 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Polenta or Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk or Half and Half
- 10 Tablespoons 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Cut into Chunks
- 1/3 Cup Italian Parsely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Bring the water to a boil in a large, heavy pot. Add the salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add the cheese, milk, butter, herbs, and pepper. Stir until the butter and cheese melt. Transfer the polenta to a bowl and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.