These innocent looking little cake bars are absolutely irresistible As soon as the weather cools, and we say good bye to summer, this is first recipe I make. If for some reason I’m slow to get to baking, my kids vehemently complain. These pumpkin bars are their favorite, and have been, since the very first time I made them probably ten years ago!
These are incredibly moist and wonderfully spiced. The thick cream cheese frosting is the prefect finish on them.
Luscious Lemon Bars -Simply made and infused with fresh lemon juice and lemon zest is an absolute must try!
Strawberry Cream Bars -Deliciously rich brown sugar crust and crumb topping plus a sweet creamy filling topped with a lovely strawberry layer!
Blackberry Pie Bars – Buttery shortbread crust, a creamy custard like filling, chock-full of delicious blackberries and a shortbread crumble topping!
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Ground Cloves
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 15 Ounce Can Solid Packed Pumpkin
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pound Powdered Sugar
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs,oil, sugar and pumpkin. Gradually add the dry ingredients to egg mixture and blend well.
- 4. Pour the batter into an ungreased jelly roll pan (17x12x1) and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- 5. Meanwhile, prepare frosting by beating together all frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.