I’ve been on a crazy apple baking kick lately. For some reason, I just can’t get enough deliciously baked apple goods. I’ve been trying a lot of new recipes in my insatiable desire for apple yumminess. This is my latest discovery. Wow! Let me tell you, these blondies are killer amazing. Seriously! I’ve baked them for the last two consecutive nights and the whole fam is fighting over them and trying to get their fair share of this apple prize! It’s amazing we aren’t all 800 pounds with the way we’ve been going!
This recipe is originally from one of my favorite sources, Southern Living. Then the gal who writes the blog, Half Baked, decided to up the ante of crazy deliciousness and crown them with a KILLER caramel glaze. Are you kidding me!
I’ve decided to use a modicum of restraint and not bake another batch tonight. I’m just afraid I’ll only last one night before I whip up another batch! I guess I’ll have to keep having protein shakes for dinner for awhile! LOL
More Treats Like This!
Lemon Zucchini Bread -Moist yet Tender bread flavored with lemon!
Apple Bread with Pecan Praline Glaze -Loaded with apple and pecans, yet incredibly MOIST and super EASY to put together!
Source: Half Baked and Southern Living
Caramel Apple Blondies
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Melted and Cooled
- 2 Large Eggs Lightly Beaten
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Granny Smith Apples Peeled, Cored and Chopped
- 1 Cup Pecans Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teapoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Pecans Chopped
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Line a 9x13 baking dish with doubled aluminum foil and a few inch overhang on both ends. Butter or spray lined dish with nonstick cooking spray. (I prefer using a metal rather than glass dish for this but use which ever you like)
- 3. In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
- 4. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to brown sugar mixture and stir until combined. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 6. Meanwhile, prepare glaze. In a heavy bottomed 2 quart sauce pan, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- 7. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and using a hand held electric mixer beat on medium speed until smooth. Pout immediately over cooled blondies and sprinkle with pecans.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.