This is a wonderful recipe given to me by my Mother in Law. She was an amazing cook and baker. She absolutely loved food! I guess you could say she was a foodie before it became an “in” thing! She lived to cook. Imagine, before Food Network, Allrecipes and Food News.
Was there ever really a time like that?
I love this cake. It starts with a cake mix so it’s quick to put together. It’s moist, tender and fabulously delish.
It get’s it’s name from the retro cocktail the Harvey Wallbanger. The cocktail is made with a mix of vodka, orange juice and a liqueur called Galliano.
The cake is topped with a fabulous glaze flavored with orange zest and coconut that finishes it off perfectly!
More Cakes Like This!
Kentucky Butter cake – moist and delicious unique cake lovely coated with an amazing butter glaze!
Coconut Sheet Cake – Incredibly delicious, super moist, Coconut Sheet Cake topped with a perfect Coconut frosting.
Chocoflan -a masterful union of fudgy chocolate cake and creamy vanilla custard.
Harvey Wallbanger Cake
- 1 Box 18.5 Ounces Butter Flavor Cake Mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 Box 3.5 Ounces Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Galliano
- 3/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 3/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Orange Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, Galliano and orange juice. With an electric mixer, beat mixture for 4 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheat oven for 40-45 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile make the glaze; in a small bowl mix all glaze ingredients until smooth. When cake is cooled, invert it onto a serving plate and drizzle with glaze.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.