When I find a really good, new recipe for veggies, I’m beyond happy………I’m elated!
Finding cookie recipes or, say, a new cake recipe that I like, is always tremendously easy.
I hardly even have to look for those kinds of new recipes and it seems I have half a dozen on a list to try!
Veggie recipes on the other hand…… not so easy!
Let’s face it…….most of us desperately need to eat more veggie and let me tell ya, I lead the pack on this issue!
If you’re a regular reader to this blog you know I’ve mentioned this situation before!
I struggle to eat my veggies!
So, I’m constantly on the look out for really, I mean REALLY good veggie recipes.
Recently, I saw this recipe for Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Feta and thought it looked really good.
All the ingredients sounded so delicious I had to try it.
Well, it has now been added to my permanent, “Must Make Veggie Recipes”!
This just may be the best asparagus I’ve ever had.
The feta is, of course, really wonderful.
I adore feta and it’s perfect in this dish.
I do think that, to change things up in the future, it would be fun sometime to try this recipe with some blue cheese or maybe even chevre.
I really have to keep my veggie recipes coming in ya know!
So, this recipe is pretty straight forward.
It’s important that all the asparagus gets well coated with the infused oil so make sure you toss it well and spread the garlic out a bit, dont just pour it on top of the asparagus.
I toss the whole thing right on the baking sheet I’m going to use then straighten the asparagus out into a single layer.
You may need to use 2 baking sheets in order to get a single layer depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
You don’t want to crowd the asparagus or it won’t roast properly.
Also, if you’d like to lighten the dish up a bit, you can use a portion of the oil, say even half of it, not the entire amount. It will still be amazing!
More Recipes Like This!
Cheesy French Pinwheel-elegant, golden delicious, cheesy pinwheels just may be one of the easiest appetizers to whip up!
Honey Roasted Tomato Bruschetta – Cheesy and topped with tomatoes, these bruschettas are easy yet delightful appetizers.
Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Feta
- 2 Pounds Fresh Asparagus Trimmed
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 4-6 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1 Lemon
- 1. In a small sauce pan heat the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, and red pepper flake over low heat just until the garlic starts to become golden. Remove pan from heat and cool about 10 minutes. (Garlic will continue to brown a bit more)
- 2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus with infused oil until well coated. Arrange asparagus into a single layer, using a second baking sheet if necessary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss Feta evenly over asparagus.
- 4. Roast asparagus in preheat oven 10-12 minutes until it reaches desired tenderness.
- 5. Cut lemon in half and squeeze lemon over asparagus and serve.