This is, “That Recipe”.
The one you use all the time.
I think most everyone has a recipe like this. I
t’s the one you pull out when you want a, “nothing fancy,” but absolutely delicious, type of down home satisfying grilled meal.
I usually prepare this on a gas grill but it would definitely be great on a charcoal grill.
I’ve had the hardest time lately using my Weber.
I absolutely love the added flavor charcoal grilling imparts on food, but after using a Weber exclusively for the last five years I’m finding it hard to stay motivated to do the extra work it requires.
I’m not alone in my family…………Hubby and Baby Boy are feeling the same way!
Why couldn’t we take turns being lazy?
Everyone is in ‘the gas grill camp’ these days.
Is anyone else out there feeling the same way?
This recipe is best when marinated overnight.
Six to eight hours will do in a pinch, but it honestly is much, much better when marinated overnight.
The balsamic vinegar gives the chicken a nice sweetness.
The recipe has a couple of onions in the marinade.
They, of course, add great flavor but also make a nice veggie side.
Cut the onion fairly thick, so it’s easier to flip when you’re grilling.
I generally grill plain peppers and corn that have not been marinated alongside to round out the meal.
Source: A Family Feast
More Chicken Recipes!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken – One of the most delicious, quick and easy chicken recipes EVER!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe-This bubbling beauty is everything you want in a creamy, cheesy casserole and a dazzling dinner dish!
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken -zesty chicken is tender, moist and juicy and loaded with yummy fresh flavors
Everday Simple Marinated Grilled Chicken
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Basalmic Vinegar
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Package Good Seasons Italian Dressing
- 6 Boneless Skinless Breast Halves, Trimmed
- 2 Yellow Onions Thickly Sliced
- 1. Add the olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic and the Good Seasons Italian Dressing package to a 1 gallon Ziploc bag and carefully seal it then swish everything together well. Add chicken breasts and onion. Press out as much of the air from the bag as possible and reseal it. Place on a rimmed dish or plate in case bag leaks. Refrigerate until ready to grill. Flip bag halfway through marinating time.
- 2. When you're ready to grill, prepare grill by heating and lightly oiling. Remove chicken and onion from marinade and shake off excess marinade. Discard marinade. Grill chicken on high for about 4-6 minutes, depending on the temperature of your grill. Flip and repeat until done. Grill onions with a foil pan over them, flipping as they brown, for about 15-20 minutes.
- 3. When chicken is cooked, remove to a platter to allow chicken to rest for about 7 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.