This is my new favorite summer appetizer!
It’s soooo fresh and delicious and unlike so many other appetizers I love to eat, it’s actually good for you!
There’s a layer of homemade or store bought Hummus then a yummy finely chopped Greek Salad.
It’s great served with any type of cracker but I like it best with baked pita chips or soft pita cut into triangles.
My family absolutely devours this.
I made it last week when we had friends over then the fam requested I make it again just for them to snack on!
One of the keys to making this dip is to cut the tomatoes and cucumbers fairly finely.
Then the salad mix is easier to scoop up on a pita chip and you don’t just get a chunk of cucumber or tomato but rather a mix of everything.
I made this dip with a homemade Hummus.
I love this Hummus because it’s a bit more lemony.
You can make this with store bought Hummus and probably not even notice a difference.
I personally like Sabra brand but there are lots of other great ones out there.
I’d use about 1 3/4 to 2 cups for the Hummus layer.
I like this made with fresh dill because it adds so much great fresh flavor.
May sound crazy but even though I use fresh dill I use dried oregano.
For some reason, fresh oregano tastes bitter to me so I don’t use it very often.
Next time you need an appetizer I hope you give this one a try!
More Dip Recipes!
Mississippi Sin Dip – Ooey gooey sour cream, cream cheese and cheddar deliciousness combination of dip heaven!
Hissy Fit Dip – Luscious, creamy, party favorite that will actually cause a “hissy fit” is only getting one bite!
Beer Cheese Dip Recipe – Warm cheddar infused with your favorite malted beverage and spicy seasonings.
Great Greek Opa Dip
- 1-15 Ounce Can Garbanzo Beans Liquid Reserved
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Tomatoes Finely Chopped
- 2 Cups English Cucumber Finely Chopped
- 3 Green Onions Finely Sliced
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 Ounces Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1. Make Hummus: Drain Garbanzo beans reserving the liquid from the can to a small bowl. Add all Hummus ingredients to a food Processor and process until fairly smooth. Add back 1-2 Tablespoons of reserved liquid from Garbanzo beans and process until creamy. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, gently fold all veggie layer ingredients together just until mixed. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 3. On a serving plate spread Hummus out in an even layer. Spoon veggie mixture on top and serve with pita chips, cut pita bread or crackers.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.