I LOVE soft chewy home made cookies.
Make them chocolate chip and throw in the promise that they’ll also be fluffy and you bet I’m going to try them.
Well, after seeing this recipe for what seems like a million times on Pinterest, I decided it was beyond time to give these cookies a try!
Hhhmmm, how about making these with a holiday twist?
Let’s turn them into soft, chewy, fluffy M & M cookies.
These are SUPER yummy and perfect to make any time of the year.
Cornstarch is the secret ingredient in these cookies that makes them soft and fluffy.
Who knew that good ol’ corn starch could become such a magical little ingredient!
Make sure that your baking soda and cornstarch are fresh so the cookies will be soft and fluffy.
I live on the coast and find that I need to replace them more often than I did when I lived inland.
The added moisture in the air must do something to them.
This recipe calls for a greater amount of brown sugar than white sugar.
The larger quantity of brown sugar also helps makes the cookies soft and chewy.
These cookies will be baked when the center just looses it’s wet look and the edges begin to brown.
Don’t expect them to brown overall like many chocolate chip cookies or they will be over baked and dry.
Chop the M&M’s coarsely with a chefs knife.
Don’t chop them in a food processor because the food processor breaks up the candy shell too much and you loose the attractive chunks to mix into the dought.
More Cookie Recipes!
Monster Cookies -loaded with peanut butter, oats , and tons of GOODIES!
Cranberry Bliss Cookies -Delicious cookie base, cream cheese frosting, lots of cranberries and the white chocolate drizzle!
Soft Batch Christmas M & M Cookies
- 1 Cup M & M's
- 3/4 Cup 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Chop 1/2 cup of M & M's coarsely and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, cream together butter and both sugars. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- 4. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined. Stir in chopped M & M's.
- 5. Use a cookie scoop (1 Tablespoon size ) to form dough into balls and space evenly on a greased or Silpat lined cookie sheet. Press 4-5 M&M's into the face of each dough ball. Bake for 8-10 minutes or just til the edges start to brown.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.