I love cornbread!
Honestly, I could eat it virtually every day and be a very happy person.
I bake it all year long, regardless of the season.
Even in the hottest, dog days of summer, the one thing I’ll turn on my oven for is to bake cornbread.
This recipe is a variation of my favorite, sweet old fashioned cornbread.
One thing that I love about this recipe is that it does not use buttermilk as an ingredient.
Listen, I have other recipes that include buttermilk and I love them too!
It’s just nice to have a recipe like this in the ready for those occasions there’s no buttermilk in the fridge!
It’s moist and tender and the bacon and jalapeno are fabulous in it!
More Corn Recipes
Mexican Corn Salad – The perfect mix of tangy , sweet, and savory tastes in a side dish!
Corn Cakes – Easy side dish with just a few ingredients that will take you back to grandmas kitchen!
Jalapeno Bacon Cornbread
- 8 Slices Bacon Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Meal
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Large Eggs Beaten
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Melted and Cooled
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper Seeded and Finely Chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch square baking dish
- with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. In a 12 inch skillet, add chopped bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp and cooked through. Remove cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- 3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil, melted butter, bacon and jalapeno and mix well. Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.