Our Easy Creamy, Smoky BBQ Pasta Salad makes the perfect side dish for any summer BBQ, Cookout, Potluck, or Picnic! Goes with everything and tastes Amazing!
I love pasta salad. It just seems to be the perfect food for warm weather eating. It reminds me of picnics and block parties and all the other wonderful gatherings of summer. I found this recipe a few years ago and instantly fell in love.
Barbecue pasta salad?!? Well, hello YUM! I have a couple other favorite pasta salad recipes but this is the one I like best when I’m making barbecue. What type of food goes more perfectly with a big batch of tender smoked ribs or barbecued chicken. Well, more barbecue of course! It might sound like barbecue flavor overload, but somehow, IMHO, it’s absolutely perfect!
BBQ Pasta Salad
- 16 Ounces Elbow Pasta
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1 Rib Celery Finely Chopped
- 6 Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- 1 Small Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Dried Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta and cook pasta until just al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool, then drain again briefly, so the pasta remains somewhat moist; transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in bell pepper, celery, green onions, red onion, cilantro, vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Let sit a few minutes for flavors to absorb.
- Stir in hot sauce, mayo and BBQ sauce. Check to season and adjust if necessary. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Pasta Salad:
- Italian Pasta Salad – is potluck and picnic ready! Surprise your friends with a peppadew and pepperoncini juice dressing over a tangy penne salad.
- Tuna Pasta Salad– where the chicken of the sea meets the salad of Southern gatherings! You’re gonna want another serving of this fresh and creamy pasta mix.
- Pesto Pasta Salad – tops vegetables and bow-tie pasta in a creamy, dreamy pesto dressing – positively perfect ! Premade pesto makes this salad a snap to make!
- Chicken Pasta Salad – This isn’t a plain-Jane pasta salad! Tangy, creamy, & full of chicken, veggies, & pasta, Chicken Pasta Salad feeds a crowd. They’ll be lined up for seconds!
- Southern Macaroni Salad – Get ready for a blast from the past! This crazy creamy, sweet and tangy classic Southern Macaroni Salad is just like Grandma’s!
Source: Adapted From Cook’s Illustrated