Serve Antipasto Salad as a main course or as a side dish. It’s full of veggies, pasta, meat, and cheese that bring a taste of the Med to your table.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallots finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces Rotini pasta
- 15 ounce bag romaine lettuce torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 10-ounce container grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 cup basil leaves julienned
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces Mozzarella shredded or diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 8 ounces Genoa salami diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup green olives pitted and drained
- 1 cup black olives pitted and drained
- 1/2 cup Pepperoncini Peppers Sliced, and Drained
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
Cook the Rotini in well salted water, according to package instructions. Drain well.
While the pasta is still warm, toss it with 1/2 cup vinaigrette in a salad bowl large enough to accommodate the finished salad.
When the pasta has cooled to room temperature, add the rest of the salad ingredients. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, to taste, and toss well. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 997kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 2269mg | Potassium: 538mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 7080IU | Vitamin C: 25.2mg | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 2.9mg