Chiles Rellenos Casserole
If you like Chiles Rellenos, this easy to make casserole is for you! This dish has all the flavor of a Chile Relleno without all the mess and fuss.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 4 -6
- 4-7 Ounce Cans Whole Green Chiles Drained
- 8 Ounces 2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 8 Ounces 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 5 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Enchilada Sauce Warmed
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Cilantro Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions thinly Sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Remove chiles from can, split in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and rinse. Lay on paper towels and pat to dry.
Add eggs, milk, flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder to a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
Arrange a single layer of chiles in the prepared baking dish, cover the bottom completely. Sprinkle 1/3 of each cheese evenly over peppers. Repeat with two more layers. Pour egg mixture over chiles.
Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes, or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Calories: 741kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 352mg | Sodium: 1577mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2580IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 1045mg | Iron: 2.8mg