Crock Pot Cashew Chicken
Winner Winner Crock Pot Cashew Chicken Dinner! This tender chicken is a family pleaser with authentic Asian flavors and easy common household ingredients.
For The Chicken:
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
For The Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger Grated
- A Pinch Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Cashews Chopped
- 3 Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- Cooked Rice
Trim any visible fat off the chicken.
Combine the flour and black pepper in 1-gallon resealable bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat with flour mixture.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in a small bowl then pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
Add cashews and stir. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1351mg | Potassium: 790mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2.8mg