Meatballs. Meatballs, Meatballs
Meatballs, Meatballs, Meatballs Oh how I love them!!! These savory gems a slice of heaven! Try them with your favorite pasta!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Onions Finely Diced
- 6 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- Pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 Slices Hearty White Sandwich Bread Torn into Small Pieces
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Pound Sweet Italian Sausage Casing Removed
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- 2 Eggs Large, Lightly Beaten
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef 80/20
- Sunday Gravy or Sauce of Your Choice
- 1 Pound Pasta Cooked
Preheat oven to 475 degrees and adjust oven racks to upper-middle position.
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook onions until very soft, 10-15 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add milk and bread and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Mash. Add onion mixture and combine. Add remaining ingredients except for beef and knead to combine. Add beef and knead until ingredients are well combined.
Form mixture into 2 1/2 inch meatballs ( you should have approximately 16 meatballs ), place on rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Transfer meatballs to pot of sauce and simmer for 30 minutes on very low heat so that you do not have to stir the pot. Serve over cooked pasta!
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 686mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 3.2mg