Easy Pig Pickin Cake Recipe
Our crowd-pleasing Pig Pickin Cake is an incredibly moist, delicious, refreshingly fruity delight. Super easy to make, it’s sure to become a new favorite!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 (11 Ounces) Can Mandarin Oranges Juice From 1 Can Reserve For Use In The Cake, The Second Drained And Discarded
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 (15 Ounce) Can Crushed Pineapple, Well Drained
- 1 (3.5 Ounce) Package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 (16 Ounce) Container Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
- 1 (11 Ounces) Can Mandarin Oranges Well, Drained-Optional
- 1 (11 Ounces) Can Pineapple Tidbits Well, Drained-Optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, canned oranges with the juice of ONE can, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla and mix with a hand-held electric mixer for 2 minutes.
Pour the batter into prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 4o minutes.
Cool, the cake in the pan, set on a wire baking rack, until completely cooled.
In a medium bowl combine the well-drained pineapple and the pudding mix until the pineapple is evenly coated with the mix. Let mixture sit for 2 minutes
Fold in the thawed whip topping until evenly combined. Spread frosting even over top of the cake and garnish, if desired, with well-drained mandarin oranges.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 1.8mg