Chicken Taco Soup
Bursting with flavor Chicken Taco Soup is the ultimate in weeknight meals. This hearty, healthy soup is both easy to make and easy to clean up!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper ribs and seeds removed, and chopped
- 1 jalapeno ribs and seeds removed, and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (14.5- ounce) can petite diced tomatoes with the juice
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa with the juice
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can ranch style beans chili beans with the juice
- 1 (14-ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- tortilla chips crumbled
- jack or cheddar cheese shredded
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- fresh cilantro chopped
In a large pot, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. When the oil is warm saute onion, red pepper, and jalapeno over medium heat until soft, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and continue to saute about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the rest of the soup ingredients, except chicken, to the pot. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently, uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
Add chicken and continue to simmer until heated through. Taste soup and adjust seasoning if needed.
Garnish individual soup bowls as desired with tortillas chips, cheese, sour cream, avocado, and or cilantro.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 2164mg | Potassium: 823mg | Fiber: 11.8g | Sugar: 15.5g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 42.9mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.4mg