Chicken Pasta Salad
Chicken pasta salad is a cold pasta recipe with plenty of indulgent veggies, refreshing herbs and a wholesome blended dressing that is zestalicious!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Total Time 39 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup water
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup, plus more as needed olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil drained (not rinsed) and julienned
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch basil, julienned
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta cooked according to package instructions, and drained
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until dressing is well combined and smooth.
In a large skillet bring I inch of water to a boil. Add asparagus pieces and cook about 3 minutes, or until still a little crunchy. Drain and rinse with cold water. Cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl combine all ingredients and add dressing and toss well. Chill for 4 hours. Toss salad. Add 2-4 Tablespoons of olive oil, as needed, if dressing has absorbed into the pasta. Serve.
Serving: 1/12 of the recipe | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 18.6mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1.8mg