Italian Pasta Salad
My Italian Pasta Salad is potluck and picnic ready! Surprise your friends with a peppadew and pepperoncini juice dressing over a tangy penne salad.
Servings 12 Servings
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup peppadew pepper juice, (from the jar of peppadews)
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini juice (from the jar of pepperoncinis)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 8 ounces Genoa salami, sliced into 1/4 inchstrips
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 cup peppadew peppers, sliced
- 1 cup pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounces) container fresh Mozzarella ball in water, drained and cut Into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh basil julienned
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add all the dressing ingredients together and shake well.
Place a large pot of water and 1 1/2 Tablespoon of salt over high heat and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and cook according to package instructions, to al dente. Drain the pasta well.
Add the pasta, while still hot, to a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over pasta and toss well. Allow pasta to cool.
When pasta has cooled to room temperature, stir in the next 8 ingredients (everything but the basil) and toss. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, add fresh basil and toss. Adjust seasoning and add olive oil, if needed. Serve
Serving: 1/12 of the recipe | Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1259mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 605IU | Vitamin C: 24.3mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 1.7mg