Taco Pasta Salad
Taco pasta salad is a crowd-pleasing metropolis of taste that lends a myriad of refreshing flavors and textures to the plate.
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Resting Time 4 hours
Total Time 5 hours
Servings 12 -15 People
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Milk (Plus More As Needed)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Lime Zest
- 1/4 Cup Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Small Jalapeno Pepper, Seeded, Ribs Removed, and Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 Pound Spiral Pasta
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef, 80/20
- 2 Envelopes Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Red Onion, Small Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, Small Chopped
- 1 (16.5 Ounce) Container Grape Tomato, Cut in Half
- 1 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar, Shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups Monterrey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 1 (14.5 Ounce) Bag Nacho Doritos~Divided, Crushed
- 2-3 Avocados, Firm But Ripe, Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, Chopped
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until well mixed and smooth. Set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions just until al dented. Rinse, drain, and cool.
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until no pink remains. Remove fat, stir in both taco sesonings, and cool.
In a large serving bowl, toss together pasta, beef, dressing, red onion, red pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or overnight, for best flavor
Just before serving, toss and adjust seasoning. Add more milk (I generally add about 1/4 -1/2 cup), as needed, to loosen dressing. Gently fold in cheeses, 3/4 of the bag of Doritos, and avocado. Pour onto decorative platter and garnished with more of the remaining crushed Doritos and 2 tablespoons of cilantro and serve. serve. Enjoy!
Calories: 850kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 828mg | Potassium: 578mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 16.9% | Vitamin C: 24.7% | Calcium: 27.2% | Iron: 14.1%