Servings 60 cookies (5 dozens)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs large
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup pecans (optional) chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For crispy, larger, and spread out cookies, cook on upper rack for 9 minutes.
- For smaller soft cookies, cook on middle rack for 9 minutes.
- After cookies are taken out of the oven, remove after 2 minutes from cookies sheets or cookies will stick.
- As the batter warms, cookies will become thinner.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 106IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg