Tuna Macaroni Salad
Tuna macaroni salad is a culmination of magical proportions between the light, savory chicken of the sea and the jovial salad of Southern gatherings.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow pasta
- 4 (12 ounce) cans tuna, in water, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced bread and butter pickles, rough chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, rough chopped
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen petite peas thawed
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk more as needed
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup red chopped onions diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickles sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/2 cup red pepper
Cook the elbow pasta according to box directions, in well-salted water. Drain and rinse with cold water. Cool to room temperature.
To a large mixing bowl add all the salad ingredients.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss together until everything is well coated.
Chill for 6 hours or overnight. If the dressing is too thick, add milk, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach desired consistency.
Spread out salad onto a serving platter. Top with garnish and serve!
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 801kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 200mg | Sodium: 1026mg | Potassium: 677mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3005IU | Vitamin C: 75.3mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2.3mg