Hamburger Casserole Recipe
Noodles, cheese, and beef combine to make my family-approved, lick-the-plate-clean Hamburger Casserole! Only make if you're ready for smiles and full bellies.
- 16 ounces dried farfalle pasta
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 /2 cup green pepper chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef 80/20
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded-divided
- 2 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded-divided
- 1 1/2 cups soft fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the 11X14 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook noodles according to package directions in salted water until al dente. Drain thoroughly.
In a large nonstick skillet, on medium heat, cook the onion and green pepper until veggies are beginning to soften. Add the beef to the skillet. Sprinkle meat and veggies with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until there is no longer any pink in the meat, about 10 minutes. Drain excess fat.
Dry the pasta pot then use it to mix together soup, water, chili sauce, Sriracha, and 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese until combined. Stir in drained noodles and beef mixture. Transfer to a greased 11x14 baking dish.
Sprinkle top of casserole evenly with remaining 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and1 1/2 cups of mozzarella. Toss bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over casserole.
Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
Serving: 1/8 of the recipe | Calories: 954kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 1496mg | Potassium: 1125mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1263IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 525mg | Iron: 5mg