Tortellini salad is a vibrant satisfying Italian inspired salad that combines beauty with bold Mediterranean flavors to inspire gratification in every bite.
Servings 12 Serves
- 1/3 cup reserved oil from marinated artichokes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 20 ounce-each packages cheese filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced
- 1 6.5 ounce jar marinated artichokes drained and oil reserved
- 8 ounces genoa salami sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pitted black olives cut in half
- 1 cup pitted Italian green olives cut in half
- 1/3 cup peperoncini peppers sliced
- 1/3 cup peppadew peppers sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper julienned
- 2 (8 ounces containers) fresh mozzarella ball in water, drained and cut Into 1/2 inch cubes
- 10 ounce container grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 fresh basil leaves julienned
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 Cup Olive Oil optional
In a very large mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients of the dressing until well combined. Set aside.
Cook the tortellini according to package directions and drain well.
While pasta is still warm, toss it in the mixing bowl with dressing. Allow pasta to cool.
When dressed pasta has cooled to room temperature, add the rest of the salad ingredients to the pasta and toss well.
Refrigerate 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
Toss before serving, adjust seasoning and add olive oil as needed. Topped with fresh Basil and Serve
Serving: 1/12 of the recipe | Calories: 550kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 1476mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 22.8mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.8mg