Szechuan Beef Recipe-Restaurant Quality
Our Easy Szechuan Beef will take care of your Chinese food takeout cravings! A little-advanced prep, this recipe can be on your dinner table in 30 minutes.
Servings 4 People
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic and Red Chili Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Mustard Mixed with 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Red Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Wine
- 2 Teaspoons Soy sauce
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 2-4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil--Divided
- 1 Pound Flank Steak Very Thinly Sliced**See Recipe Notes
- 2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 4 Ribs Celery Cut Into Matchsticks
- 2 Carrots Cut Into Matchsticks
- 2 Green Onions Sliced on the Diagonal into 1/2 Inch Pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic Roughly Chopped
In a small bowl mix together all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together the beef marinade ingredients until smooth. Add sliced beef and toss to evenly coat. Marinade for 30 minutes.
Heat up a wok or large skillet on high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil. When oil is hot, add the beef, and turn a few times, cooking until edges of meat brown. Remove cooked meat with a slotted spoon to a plate; set aside. Drain used oil out of pan.
Add 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil and all sesame oil to wok or pan and heat up. When the oil is hot add the celery and cook for 30 seconds, turning often. Add the carrots and stir-fry 30 seconds. Return the cooked meat to the pan with the green onions, garlic, and sauce. Bring to a quick boil. Cook for one minute and serve over rice.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1240mg | Potassium: 662mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5370IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2.5mg