Beef and Noodles
Beef and Noodles shows you what comfort food is all about with slurp-worthy noodles, savory broth, and fork-tender beef chuck.
Servings 4 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubed
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 4 large garlic clove minced
- 40 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon - beef flavor
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces dried egg noodles
Sprinkle beef cubes with all-purpose flour and toss to coat evenly, shaking off excess.
In a large stockpot, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot, brown meat in batches without crowding it. Add more oil as needed. Transfer browned meat with a slotted spoon, to a plate, and set aside.
In the same pot, saute onion and garlic over medium-low heat, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add beef back to the pot. Pour in beef broth and red wine. Add Better than Bouillon, marjoram, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat immediately and simmer gently, partially covered with a lid, for about 1 1/2-2 hours or until the beef is tender. Transfer beef chunks with a slotted spoon to a plate and shred into large pieces. Return to pot.
Meanwhile, cook the egg noodle according to package directions in salted water, just until al dente. Drain well then stir them into the sauce and gently mix until well combined. Serve.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 1018kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 73g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 267mg | Sodium: 2235mg | Potassium: 1862mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 8mg