Scalloped corn is sweet golden corn cradled in a fluffy homemade custard with just the right amount of smoky bacon and a golden bread crumb topping.
Servings 6 servings
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package corn, fresh or frozen thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh soft bread crumbs
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pinch dried thyme
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and a half until combined. Stir in the next eight ingredients. Pour into prepared baking dish.
In a small mixing bowl mix the bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and a pinch of thyme. Sprinkle evenly over corn casserole.
Bake casserole in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 55-65 minutes.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 132mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 365mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 881IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg