Beef Chow Mein
Our Easy, Cantonese Inspired, Beef Chow Mein Is Loaded With Crisp Veggies, Tender Beef, and Eggy Noodles. Chinese food right at home!
Servings 4 People
Marinade and Beef:
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Wine
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Pound Flank Steak Sliced Across The Grain as Thinly as Possible
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
Chow Mein Ingredients:
- 8 Ounces Yellow Chinese Egg Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons Plus 4 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Package 10-12 ounces Lightly Seasoned Asian Medley Frozen Veggies, Thawed and Drained
- 1 Tablespoons Light Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoons Black Sesame Seeds
- Green Onions, Thinly Sliced on the Diagonal
In a large bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add the sliced beef and toss to evenly coat. Marinade for 30 minutes.
Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Prepare the noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water, drain well and set aside.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat just until smoking. Add half of the flank steak in a single layer. Cook without stirring for 60 seconds. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, another 60 seconds. Remove to a plate. Add 2 teaspoons oil to skillet and repeat cooking procedure with remaining beef. Remove to plate.
Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to skillet and thawed vegetables to pan and cook until tender-crisp. Add Sauce to the pan and bring to a boil. Add beef and any juice that has accumulated and the cooked noodles and simmer, adjusting heat as needed, until everything is heated through. Adjust seasoning.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and serve.
Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 1493mg | Potassium: 588mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3.7mg